Sunday, June 26, 2011

Four Wheelers and the Gospel

Hi, my name is Elder Hubbard. Elder Jenkins has given me the privilege and opportunity to write his blog today. I am from Pendleton, Oregon which is a little podunk town in the north-eastern part of Oregon. Something that I love to do is riding in the mountains on four wheelers. My family and I ride for as many days as we can during the summer. One of the many things i have learned about riding four wheelers is the trust you have to have for the machine in which you are riding. As you work at learning your machine your skills and trust in your bike continue to grow. Soon you can feel comfortable riding swiftly along the gravel roads or riding along the steep paths that take us to the most beautiful sights in the world.

       As I have taken a break from that riding experience, and started the experience of a two year mission, I have learned a lot about how to trust the Holy Ghost and the tools our Heavenly Father has given us to succeed. As I have began to Trust the equipment given to me I have learned how much easier it is to ride the bumpy courses of life. Learning to Trust our tools, the scriptures, words of the prophets, and the Holy Ghost, helps us as we navigate the courses of life. Just like on four wheelers, occasionally we cannot make it through the muck and mud of life. Luckily our Father has given us a life line, someone who will pull us from the muck of sin. Repentance is like that life line that will change our course and help us get back on the path. Just like on Four Wheeler after we get out of the mud, we continue to press on, looking for more and more beautiful things to see. Life will always be full of times that we get stuck, but our Father in Heaven has both provided the tools necessary to overcome any of the mud pits we get stuck in. On a four wheeler those things are a good wench, a bigger engine, or four wheel drive. In life we have been given a Savior who know how to help us, the Holy Ghost to Purify our Hearts, and a family who supports and lifts us up. All we have to do is learn to Trust our Heavenly Father and his Guidance for us. We do that by consistently trying to use the Holy Ghost, By Reading our Scriptures daily, and through prayer we can learn to trust our Heavenly Father. I know that if you do those things you will learn to trust our Heavenly Father. I love my Savior, I know that He lives, and that he loves us. I love you all. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Trusting the Holy Ghost is key in all aspects of life. He can guide us through anything, if we know how to listen and follow his guidance. Anyone have any personal experiences where they put their trust in God and followed the promptings they received?

    ReplyDelete