Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Who me? Are you sure?

Hello and Good day to you all. For those of you who don't know me I will briefly introduce myself. My name is Mathew Graham Hubert Hugh Van Jenkins, or Elder Jenkins as of right now. I am from the small isles known as Great Britain. I have been called to serve in the California Santa Rosa Mission. I have recently been called to serve as an online missionary. I haven't the foggiest idea what I'm doing but I have faith that my Lord will Provide a way.
I am not the most computer proficient, and am clueless when it comes to blogging but 'if there's a will there's a way'.
This is how I feel as an online missionary, rather clueless.
I'm learning though...
In order to be a successful blogger according to Ether 12:27, I need to be humble.  That means to submit to the will of the Lord and to give Him the Honor for what is accomplished. It also means to have confidence in Him.
We've all had times in our life when we feel inadequate or incapable of the task that lies ahead. That is how I felt before I posted this blog. I know we are never given something we can't handle in life. 1 Corinthians 10:13 reads:
 "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
Let's 'man up' and bear the burden and see the blessings that will come forth from doing so. My wish that we all press on with a 'steadfastness in Christ having a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God and of all men.' 2 Nephi 31:20. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

5 comments:

  1. We all face things we don't think we can handle. But, isn't that the beauty of it? Putting our trust in the Lord and telling him "okay, I'm not sure about this. But, I know you can help me..." is how we strengthen our faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this blog is AWESOME!!!! :D I love you Mathew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be afraid of the calling, just continue to rely on the Lord and He will help you magnify it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lord qualifies who he calls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elder Jenkins! This blog is amazing! I don't know how long you've been out on a mission but Thanks for sharing with us. I was really in needed to listen those words of knowledge. It really help me out for tonight as I was feeling really down and thinking I couldn't feel the love of my Savior Jesus Christ!! Keep the work and spread the word!!

    ReplyDelete